Today I am going to share with you my Christmas Apple Crumble Recipe which is perfect for the colder evenings. It is also easy to make so anyone can give it a go! Apple Crumble or Pie has always been a staple in my family’s Christmas dinner. I was inspired to make a festive flavoured apple crumble thanks to Tesco’s Brandy Soaked Mixed Fruit.
Before you start put on Christmas music as it is essential to feel Christmassy whilst baking this Christmas Apple Crumble. Then make yourself a warm drink to have whilst you bake. I had a Beanies Chocolate Orange coffee and it was delicious! Also festive if you consider Terry’s Chocolate Oranges a part of Christmas!
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel and chop the apples into chunks!
- Add the apples, water, vanilla extract and brandy soaked raisins and cook whilst stirring so it doesn’t burn for 10 mins
- Then leave to cool.
- To make your crumble put your flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter in to a mixing bowl.
- Blend together by rubbing the tips of your fingers and thumbs together in the mixture until the ingredients are blended together and form bread crumbs. A top tip is to shake the mixture as you go to reveal the bigger pieces of butter on the top.
- Turn your oven on to 220 degrees Celsius or gas mark 7. I now have a gas mark oven so am having to learn how to bake with a gas mark oven!
- Lay your apple mixture into a dish and spread out evenly, then sprinkle evenly with your crumble mix.
- Bake until golden brown for about 10-20 mins.
- Ta dah there you go your have your Christmas Crumble ready to eat!
I devoured mine with custard and it was scrumptious. It tasted very festive to eat as it tasted like a Christmas pudding with the brandy soaked raisins and spices.
I hope you give this recipe a go this festive season! If you do please share a picture with me on Instagram or Twitter.